November 12, 2018
Water Cooler: Stan Lee, iPad, Overlord, Spider’s Web, Homecoming, Blindspotting, Robin Williams, Becki and Chris, Bodied, Grinch
On the November 12, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
Opening Banter: It’s Peter’s birthday.
In The News:
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter bought the new iPad, and then returned it.
- Jacob went to the new Laurent Durieux show at the Mondo Gallery.
- Hoai-Tran moved to New York and saw the fancy Central Park duck!
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter saw Overlord, and has gotten hooked on a new YouTube channel: Becki and Chris.
- Jacob revisited The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo before seeing The Girl in the Spider’s Web, rewatched Apostle, and he binged too much of The Great British Baking Show.
- Chris watched all of Amazon’s Homecoming, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs and caught up with Blindspotting, Christopher Robin and BlacKkKlansman.
- Brad has been digging into the Robin Williams: Comic Genius box set
- Ben finished Maniac, watched Bodied, The Quiet Man, Ralph Breaks the Internet, Inside Llewyn Davis, and The Ghost Goes West
- Hoai-Tran saw The Grinch.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad was able to get Thanksgiving Pringles, tried Peppermint Bark Oreos to satisfy Peter
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Brad has been intermittently playing Ghostbusters World
- Jacob has been re-addicted to Lady Gaga’s Joanne and Marty Robbins’ Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs.
Other articles mentioned:
- Artist Laurent Durieux Breaks Down Every Poster in His New Mondo Show
- ‘The Grinch’ Review: This Animated Dr. Seuss Retelling is Two Times Too Long
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected]. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.