April 16, 2018
Daily Podcast: An Extensive Water Cooler Discussion, Eternals, Infinity War, Terminator, Incredibles 2, Mad Max & Milos Forman
On the April 16, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and /Film senior writer Ben Pearson to talk about Milos Forman passing away, rumors of an Eternals movie, Avengers: Infinity War casting, Terminator casting, Incredibles 2 early preview reaction, and a lawsuit which could prevent Mad Max: Fury Road sequels. And in the Water Cooler we talk about a Disney Cruise, Nick Maley’s Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit, A Quiet Place, Blockers, fun milkshakes, a Cat-cade, The Handmaid’s Tale and HBO’s Andre The Giant documentary.
At The Water Cooler:
- Peter went on a Disney Cruise which featured Star Wars Day at Sea, watched a presentation from ILM digital assets manager Russell Paul, visited St Maarten where he saw the hurricane devastation first hand and visited Nick Maley’s Yoda Guy Movie Exhibit. And on dry land, he watched a few movies: A Quiet Place and Blockers.
- Brad went to a Catcade in Chicago, did an Escape Game and had an incredible milkshake at Public House
- Ben watched The Handmaid’s Tale and HBO’s Andre the Giant documentary
In the News:
- ‘One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest’ Director Milos Forman Has Passed Away at 86
- Rumor: Marvel Studios is Developing an ‘Eternals’ Movie
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Casts ‘The Leftovers’ Star Carrie Coon as Proxima Midnight
- Gabriel Luna is the New ‘Terminator’ In Sequel From Tim Miller and James Cameron
- We’ve Seen 35 Minutes of ‘Incredibles 2’: This Family of Superheroes Has Never Been Better
- ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Lawsuit May Prevent Future Sequels
Other articles mentioned:
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Season 2 Review: The Hulu Series Charges Ahead of the Book, and It’s for the Better
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected]. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.